Innovative companies are realizing the need to extend their businesses onto mobile platforms, and Apple’s iOS devices present a premier platform that theses companies can use to expand on their enterprise. iOS is the most profitable operating system on the market today, and companies that commit to these projects and hire a team of professionals quickly discover that iPhone app development costs mark a well-spent investment that quickly begins generating returns in new revenue, larger customer bases and greater efficiency. But just how much are those initial investments? What must a company be prepared to spend on their own iOS solution?
Paying for Tailored Application Development
Regardless of how large, complex or innovative you want your application to be, our team can show you the way forward. Each of our clients receive the same high-quality services and support as we create and help them launch their own customized iPhone application. Every project for large, international brands and small, local companies alike pays for certain standard steps through the development process that permit us to guarantee complete customer satisfaction with the end results.
PlanningWe start every project in discussion with our clients to determine what ideas they have and what objectives they set for themselves and their future application. Because our expert staff have been creating iOS applications for years across numerous industries, they have extensive experience with the viability of different ideas and how to set measurable, achievable goals. During this stage, they study the client’s company and industry in detail and then work with the client to map out a timeline, budget, milestones and goals that fit the realities of the sector and the challenges the client faces. This is when we can truly calculate how much iPhone app developments cost in time and resources, as well as begin to see what rewards that investment will bring.
ResearchAs soon as we have discussed a project in detail and offer our own experience to help assess just how successful a potential application might be, our staff get to work investigating the market and identifying areas for growth. They look at competitors within the industry, as well as successful application with similar scope and aims to understand what they did so well. This information will both help us to make a final decision on the chances of success for any project, as well as shape later development using data on user behavior and market trends.
DesignThe “packaging” of your application is a task to which we commit some of our greatest minds. Visual design specialists work on the layout and graphical interface, creating beautiful images, logos, animations and other elements that fully adhere to and promote your brand identity.
User experience is crafted by finding the right balance or navigability and value-driven, user-oriented functionality. Our team knows how to create a flow between immersive features and content that drives user behavior and establishes a reputation for our clients as the best digital providers in their industry so that customers keep coming back for more.
Programming the ProductiOS apps can be developed in a number of ways, but our development team uses proven methodologies, established conventions, frameworks, libraries, and an array of other resources to ensure quality on rapidly developed solutions that can match anyone’s budget. Our coding specialists are familiar with both of Apple’s development languages, Objective-C and Swift, and they stay completely up to date with changes in the industry and across the iOS platform so that they can consistently deliver the cutting-edge applications our clients deserve.
App ReleaseApple demands high-quality in every application submitted to the App Store. Fortunately, our professionals know just how to meet every requirement Apple sets, as well as how to optimize your application for the greatest results.
Calculating Variable Costs
This is no single price tag for applications, because each one is so unique. Several key factors determine the final cost of any application, and understanding just what your business needs is essential in figuring out how much it will cost.
Categories of ApplicationsiPhone applications are sold on Apple’s App store, where they are broken into categories depending on how similar their content is to other apps, such as games, entertainment, health, etc. Tallying up costs is more connected with the different kinds of architecture an app can take and the subsequent amount of development that surrounds each category.
- A “Table” app is an application that has the same logic as a flow chart. Working along a hierarchical structure, users navigate between content and subcontent, moving from general to more targeted areas as they progress. A perfect example of this type of application is iPhone’s built-in Email app. These are the most basic types of applications, and as a result, they are by far the easiest to develop and design. However, they are limited in their features and functionality, providing the next step up from a static website, so companies must decide how they wish to present themselves and what their target audiences are looking for before deciding which will have the greatest impact.
- A “Database” app takes table apps to the next level with dynamic features and more extensive offerings to users. Businesses with extensive catalogues or lots of content that changes depending on the needs of the customers are the best matches for these types of application. They use extensive online databases to run dynamic web applications on mobile platforms, giving your users full access anywhere they have an internet connection.
- Entertainment applications are by far the most numerous type of application on the market, and while many of these are games and video portals with little obvious connections to other industries, many of the features and functions pioneered by developers of these apps are excellent sources of inspiration for any company looking for greater interactivity in their application. Entertainment applications are brilliant at perfecting user experience to create immersive, exciting content that engages and brings back users, and businesses have a lot they can learn from those successes.
- “Upgrade” apps take existing features and hardware of iOS devices and create novel ways to use them, such as photo editing software that links to the built-in camera for greater editing freedom, or alarm clock applications that run on the power of the built-in clock, while offering new sounds and locking systems to keep users from hitting snooze. Many other types of application integrate aspects of these applications into apps from other categories. Often these apps are used to generate, rather than receive content, which makes them more reliant on the quality of user input to achieve the greatest customer satisfaction.
- A large number of apps are quite unique and cannot be as neatly grouped into a single category. Many combine elements of the abovementioned types, while others have completely unique approaches to engaging users.
Costs Per App Development Category
Generally, each category of application falls within a certain range of pricing, depending on factors like category, complexity, level of interactivity and integration with existing software.
- Table App. $1,000 to $4,000.
- Database App. $8,000 to $50,000.
- Entertainment App. $10,000 to $250,000.
Libraries, Frameworks and Development ToolsApple and third parties offer a number of resources that can have a significant impact on the time to market for any iOS solution. Tools like Ulkit and Xcode are invaluable assets to modern Apple programmers and designers, providing them with virtual workspaces where they can build and manipulate the functionality and design that your users will value, all while operating in a more convenient environment that helps them cut down on repetitive and overly complicated tasks. Similarly, standard industry frameworks and libraries that are available exclusively to Apple developers keep our team from needing to recode basic, repeated elements and that every application begins at a high-level of quality.
The Agile MethodOur development team follows proven methodologies in application development that reduce each client’s time to market and iPhone app development costs down while keeping the same premier quality that our clients and their users expect.
FlexibleTeams following an agile approach to the creation of their applications compartmentalize the different aspects of development, assigning them to specialists who carry out the necessary steps in a streamlined manner. The benefits of doing this include peak performance by placing the work under the responsibility of the most highly qualified professionals, quicker overall development thanks to simultaneous rather than successive development stages, and greater flexibility to make changes at any moment to adapt to new customer requests with absolute minimal effect upon project cost and timeline.
IterativeThe agile method also demands continuous quality control and communication between developer and client. Keeping the client informed on all matters is a top priority, while also truly listening to all feedback and using it to continually improve the end product. Quality testing includes searching for bugs at every layer of coding, including in source code, identifying and immediately eliminating all of them before they grow into deeper issues, as well as using market researcher and testers that match target audiences to create interfaces and experiences for iPhone app users that they can navigate and appreciate with ease.
Client InputOur communicative approach offers the client plenty of opportunity to play a very active role in the course of development on any project. By offering as much detail as possible at the beginning of a project, a client gives our development staff the clearest understanding and expectations of what has to be done and in what way it must be achieved, resulting in the most direct approach being taken to address direct objectives. Throughout the process, feedback plays a similar role. Clients should always vocalize concerns as soon as they arise so that our teams can deal with them immediately by making the fewest changes necessary. Finally, the largest direct contribution clients can make is delivering high-quality content for use in the application. Content and audiences change in their effectiveness across platforms, so when the client can take responsibility for delivering the type of content that is optimized for mobile users, it reduces the burden on the development team and allows them to focus their attention elsewhere.