Cost of Developing an App: How to Validate Your Startup?Want to develop the#next Angry Birds but no not know how much it is going to cost? As professional app developers who take new projects every day, we get approached by the clients who ask us the same question a hundred times a day. Unfortunately, it is impossible to answer this question - the cost depends on the specific requirements of every project and the development process itself.
Just Like Uber
Learn from Good ExampleStartups and brands who made their attempt to launch a similar product found many different ways to translate Uber experience to their specific industries, proving the universality of such a solution. If you want to calculate the cost of a similar app, you need to take many different factors into account. We are going to explore what it takes to develop an Uber for various industries and come up with an approximate answer to your question. To add more, this will also help you understand price formation in the IT industry and how to create complex software that accelerates innovation and brings long-term value.
Define Your Business Model and Adapt It to the IndustryIf we take Uber to pieces, we will have a platform that offers a certain service on demand, with the query being made online but services in the real world. But when you start working on a real product, you quickly realise that everything is different from what you expected it to be. The features that an app similar to Uber is likely to have comes down to this list:
• The platforms works directly with service suppliers, providing them with customers.
• The services is provided instantly without any delays or pre-orders.
• Customers do not choose the supplier, who is instead chosen by the platform or by service providers themselves.
• Services is always provided following the same standard process and does not involve any customisation from the side of the customer.
The Limits of the Uber ModelObviously, not many businesses can fully incorporate the model offered by Uber, which we described above. These aspects largely define the strategy you follow when you design the logic behind the services, the app’s architecture, monetisation, payment methods and connection between the services provider and the client, all of which makes up the cost of the MVP (minimum viable product).
Defining the Business ModelIf you are looking to launch a consumer-oriented startup, you would consider many different factors. After all, your success depends on the appeal, user-friendliness and uniqueness of the services you wish to provide. Conceptualising your ideas into a full-fledged development plan, you will without a doubt need a more in-depth look on these design aspects, which you can find from many sources on the internet like blogs, videos and podcasts, or get in touch with our specialists, who are always ready to help you and offer you a free consultation on business models and choosing the one that suits your particular purpose.
What Kind of Service You Are Looking to Provide?
Three levels that constitute the major stages of software development:
- We have worked with many startups operating across various industries, and over time we have developed a general-to-specific approach to tackle the problem. First of all, you need to thinks of the elements that lay the foundation of your platform - matching the user with the service provider, tracking the status of the order, ensuring secure and on-time payment, publishing reviews, sending notifications, registering accounts and so on. These features are typically common to all business models, so we can supply with a high quality and fully functional backend within the shortest period of time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our experts, we are ready to help and design a custom solution that fits into your business. However, frontend is what always needs customisation. Implementing our quality backend proven by many successful projects delivered to startups and companies worldwide, and empowering it with tailor-made frontend will guarantee you the stability, flexibility and effectiveness of the solution.
- Custom solutions
- Customer App
- Field App
- Sign Up
- Web Services
- Node JS
- Native Apps
- Frontend Web
- Angular JS
- Frontend Web
- Custom solutions
The Startup EvolutionLaunching a startup of your own, it would be foolish not to learn from the example of other - after all, there are so many stories of success and failure in the modern digital world. All the apps go through the stages that we have described above, and yours is no exception. That is why you should allocate enough on time to get an in-depth understanding of these stages of the evolution of any startup. As a result , the main problems you have to solve comes down to this: is your platform going to serve less than a thousand queries or are you looking to develop a nationwide, or even a multinational platform that will serve people from a variety of regions?
The Stages of Startup Development
Stage 1 - Discovery
- Confirm whether you are solving a meaningful problem
Stage 2 - Validation
- Seek validation that people are interested in your idea
Stage 3 - Efficiency
- Refine the business model
Stage 4 - Scale
- Drive growth aggressively
Continuous Improvement and OptimisationAt different stages of startup development, you need to concentrate your attention on entirely different areas. FIrst of all, you need to focus on getting your product to the market - you do not need a platform with lot sof features, only the core functionality, but keep in mind that it has to work perfectly. When your platform is out and running, you can start the never-ending quest of continuous improvement and optimisation, adding more and more features and polishing the interface according to user feedback.
The Role of AnalyticsOnce you have polished the app to perfection, you should center your attention on long-term value, customer acquisition and retention. To ensure that you get the most out of the platform, you should harness the capabilities of analytics, using either third-party tools like Google Analytics, the expertise of your in-house team of analysts or work together with our experts who will be happy to provide you with the information you need to increase the efficiency of our solution.
The Cost of Developing an AppTo estimate the cost of developing an app similar to Uber, you should take into account a lot of factors. For instance, if you want to build an MVP for such a service, you should design two interfaces: one for customers and one for the suppliers of services. Moreover, you should prioritise the mobile platforms for which you are going to develop the app - decide whether you will start with an iOS native app,with a native app for Android, or design for the both at once.
The Admin PanelAnother crucial element of the system is the admin panel that combine the customer relationship management system functionality (CRM) and a dashboard that monitors the performance and notifies about critical issues. All the elements are connected by the APIs (application programming interfaces) that make for the part of the app's backend and operate from the cloud.